{Mod Podge} Pirate Treasure Chest

My boys are always collecting "treasures", so I thought it would be cute to make them their own personalized pirate treasure box.


I started off with this plain wooden box from the Dollar Store.


Then, I painted the box with brown acrylic paint.  {If the boys were doing it themselves, I would definitely opt for "washable" paint instead.}


Finally, I printed out a picture of my favorite pirates, and used Mod Podge to attach it to the top of the box


Cute, right?  And wouldn't this make a great craft activity or loot bag at a pirate-themed birthday party?

♥  Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I tried making one of these but I think I used too much glue in one place. I got air bubbles under the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it is still really cute! Next time, make sure to really smooth it out. Mod Podge is a great product. :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....